By Nokukhanya Ncube
One of my favorite phrases is from a poem for those expressing their affectionate love to each other: "Roses are red, violets are blue..." You would agree with me that this has been one of the best pick-up lines for ages. I'm sure that if we were to put up a poll to vote on how popular it is, the line might be at the top.Imagine if each and every time the phrase was used, someone had to give a rose. I'm sure by now we would have run out of beautiful roses.
Let's speak reality now. Most roses are probably expensive. I know they are beautiful, they smell nice, and they have a lasting scent. I am not a fan of flowers, but I know they make a home feel comfortable and smell good. Moreover, they have a way of putting a smile on someone's face.
For today, let's look at the line in this way: it's okay to be different - it's not a sin nor a crime. Like roses, you might be loved by most people, but not everyone is meant for you. That's also fine because violets are still beautiful in their own way.
Be yourself, and someone will love that about you.
Comments
Post a Comment
We value dialogue and we value your input. Lets respect one another's opinion and experiences.