By Mercy Manyema
When I had my first child I was privileged to witness her reaching her growth milestones. I saw her sit up for the first time, her first attempts at crawling, and also her first walking steps. There's no greater joy than to see your baby grow.
I also learned very quickly that growing includes pain, and falling. I watched my daughter scrape her knees or fall over as she tried to walk. All this was part of the growing process.
The law of growth in any area of life is that there will be some strain, some pain and even falling. Moving from one state of being to a new and better one involves some effort, and often involves pain.
Many of us give up at the first sign of trouble. There's sometimes a belief that good things should not be so hard. We forget that for a seed to germinate and grow into a tree it must push through the ground first. It must withstand the wind and the elements to grow to maturity, and bear fruit.
Prov 24v16 says: "Though a righteous person falls seven times, he will get up, but the wicked will stumble into ruin". On your journey of growth, remember that there will be uphill and downhill, there will be both sunshine and rain. Don't give up on your journey simply because things become difficult. Remember, "suffering produces perseverance; perseverance produces character; and character produces hope." (Romans 5v3-4).
Comments
Post a Comment
We value dialogue and we value your input. Lets respect one another's opinion and experiences.